The Kingdom of Arnor
This page concerns the Rangers of the North faction, often simply referred to as Arnor.
Currently, the Rangers are ruled by their King Elendil_The_Tall. Elendil_The_Tall succeeded Nazdrul, who succeeded Elendil_The_Tall, who succeeded Skelesam, who succeeded the original Chieftain Hell_Metallicus. The capital of the Rangers of the North is currently Tharbad, although this is temporary. The official title of the King of Arnor is: The High King of the Northern Dunedain Kingdom of Arnor, Chieftain of the Dunedain, Commander of the Rangers of Arnor.
Players from this faction swear to protect the North and the Free People from all Evil threats. They live as a brotherhood with deep friendship and mutual respect.
A little bit of roleplay is expected when joining this faction, but being a RP veteran is not required.
In its glory, The Kingdom of Arnor included all the following biomes : Eriador and the Eriador Downs, Minhiriath, the Shire, the Old Forest, Breeland, Chetwood, the Ettenmoors, the Coldfells, and the Midgewaters. It was one of the biggest geographic areas ruled by a single faction. Currently, the Rangers of the North control all of Eriador and the Eriador downs as well as Minhiriath, Breeland, Evendim, northern parts of Enedwaith and the surrounding areas.
Click here to see the Ranger Builds.
Combobob stands proudly as the Chancellor Of Arnor and deals with many matters within Eriador. He also stands as one of the longest serving Rangers and his council is valued highly, by all Rangers, most of all the King.
SentinalGuard23 is the Crown Prince of Arnor and serves as the King`s right hand. He is also the Lord of the Western Lone-Lands.
Brickfix possesses the honor of the First Captain in recognition of the part he continues to play in the faction.
Skelesam was Second Chief and as one of the longest serving Rangers and his council is valued highly, by all Rangers, most of all the King.
Hell_Metallicus is the former Chieftain and the Lord Of Fornost, the former capital of Arnor.
Hhisme, formerly Lord of Lond Daer is one of the most respected Rangers, and has long held great say in the matters of the faction.
All of the above are senior players and have been with the Rangers for years, and provide great council to faction members, the King, and the Allies of Arnor.
The Regions and their respective Lords
The land of the rangers are spilt into 10 provinces and 1 protectorate (The Shire). These provinces have their own Provincial Capital. These provinces are ruled by a Provincial Lord. The Provincial Lord executes the Laws of Arnor.
These are the provinces of the Rangers along with The Shire.
- Evendim. Lord: Elendil_The_Tall. Regional Capital: Annúminas
- North Downs. Lord: Helcar. Regional Capital: Fornost
- Westlands. Lord: Ruled by the Crown (temporary). Regional Capital: Minas Thor
- Breeland. Lord: Mazerinth. Regional Capital: Bree
- Minhiriath. Lord: LegoOskar. Regional Capital: Tharbad
- Western Lone-Lands. Lord: SentinalGuard23. Regional Capital: None
- The Angle. Lord: Combobob. Regional Capital: Fennas Drunin
- Northern Enedwaith. Lord: Ruled by the Crown (temporary). Regional Capital: Lond Daer
- The Shire. Protectorate of Arnor
- South Downs. Lord: JJofJ. Regional Capital: Minnas Alqua
- Eryn Voryn. Lord: Erathil. Regional Capital: Ellengard
This is a list of all members of the faction. It includes the day they became an official member, and titles for those who have one or more. Please note that not everyone has the exact date when it comes to membership. Not all of these players are concidered active. The players are sorted in alphabetical order:
Combobob (6/2015) (Lord, Left-Hand, Ambassador of Buckland)
Elendil_The_Tall (6/2015) (King)
JJofJ (6/2015) (Lord)
LegoOskar (12/2015) (Lord)
Nazdrul (4th Chief, retired)
RomanGuy1453 (5/2016 ) (Lord)
SentinalGuard23 (Crown Prince, Lord)
Skelesam (2nd Chief, retired)
Becoming a Ranger of the North
A recruit must work and show his worth for the faction by growing his prestige to +200 alignment and by performing 4 quests given by the Ranger Lords. From there on he/she will be known as a Ranger. This may take time, but this allows people to get known with each other and grow strong bonds. After all the above are done the recruits will be asked to join 1 of the cities/provinces.
In case there are not many Lords online then the Lord can give a 2nd quest so that the process goes smoothly.
Those who defect from the faction to a hostile one, will be treated as enemies and trespassers if they ever return to their old lands. The Rangers are stern and have little tolerance for insubordination.
Oath of the Rangers of the North
- As a Ranger of the North, I shall protect the Free People and defend the Fallen Kingdom of Arnor with my life.
- I will never harm an innocent, and I will consider their life as the most important thing of all.
- I will act with honor and stay loyal to my brothers, even in the worst situations.
- I will fight with courage during wartime, and act with wisdom during peacetime.
- I will know how to use every weapon to fight the Evil efficiently.
- As a Dúnedain, I am friend to the men of Gondor , the last great kingdom of men.
- As a man, I am friend to the men of Rohan and Dunland .
- I am friend to the Elven kin, who helped us during hard times, and call the elves Mellon (friend).
- I am friend to the Dwarven kin, who fought the orcs bravely for centuries.
- I am friend to the Hobbits , who served Arnor for centuries.
ALL RANGERS NEED TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AGAINST ANYONE (for the benefit of the faction)
The laws below are to be followed by all Dunedain including Lords and King
1. Mutual respect towards all players. (Lords are an example for their cities and King an example for the whole faction)
2. Any internal disputes between members is to be solved by a Lord if all responsible individuals belong to the same city or if the people involved belong to different cities the problem will brought to the King’s attention as soon as possible.
3. Respect towards our ally factions even if you don't like a specific player. (we cannot be picky about our allies just because 1 or 2 players are ill mannered)
4. No stealing between fellow Rangers, evidence in the form of video or other form willbe required to verify. (it's vital that there are no disputed among fellow players) (In case evidence is fixed to harm a person the Lord or King can punish the ones responsible in any way he sees fit and even banish them from faction)
5. No swearing including evil players please ignore them
6. No exposure of sensitive info of the faction of any kind. (severe punishment or possible restrictions of any kind)
6.1. Carrying around books without needing them containing any kind info counts as semi-exposure. (severe punishment or possible restriction of any kind)
7. In order to take peoples words in mind they need to voice their opinions on each meeting otherwise it will be ignored, any player has the right to voice their ideas no matter rank. (for the sake of roleplay and better governing of the faction)
8. Any decision voiced by the King is FINAL, players can ask to reconsider at meetings. (in case players act against the decision there may be severe punishment)
9. Do not harm the faction’s reputation or use it for your personal benefit. (severe punishment or possible banishment)
10. Any form of blackmail or threat towards anyone will be dealt accordingly (severe punishment or banishment)
11. In case a Ranger wishes to move to another city he needs the Lords approval and he will start from the position of citizen since it's considered a new beginning.
The laws below concern Lords ONLY
1. Any problem that the Lord is not able to solve himself should present the problem to the meetings.
2. Matters that involve further expansion of the Lords cities of any kind (extra outpost, fort) MUST be presented to the meeting first for evaluation.
3. Lords have obligation to preserve good relations with friendly factions near their domain (we are friendly and welcoming people)
4. If a lord treats his people unfairly and the people that were affected speak against him, the case will be investigated, if found guilty, the lord will be judged by the King and Royal Council. (serious evidence will need to be presented or it will be considered as a mean to harm the Lords reputation, in that case those involved will be punished accordingly or even banished).
Laws that cannot be changed by any current or future King
1. Combobob's position cannot be changed or removed by anyone, not even King. Combobob is also the King’s proxy and acts on his behalf when King not online. ALL Dunedain and Lords are to obey his instructions. (In honor of everything he has done for the faction ever since it was created)
2. In case a Lord or the King knowingly tries to bring harm to the Kingdom ALL Rangers are to find out the people responsible and question them for their crimes.
3. In case the King steps down for whatever reason the next King will be elected via voting (Official Dunedain with less than 3 months of active experience are not allowed to vote.)
4. In case there are more than 1 candidates that run for succession of the faction NO ONE is allowed to interfere or provide any advantage to any of the candidates.
4.1 (in case of violation those involved no matter who they are they immediately LOSE all their authority and await judgment from the Royal Council)
5. Every new King must have as a priority the well being and safety of the faction, to be fair and always uphold honesty.
6. If any of the above are violated all Dunedain ARE ORDERED to rise up against those responsible. (The fate of the Kingdom is at stake, it's dignity and honor must be protected no matter what.
6.1. SHOW NO MERCY AND NO FURTHER NEGOTIATIONS
Each city can add any lesser laws they wish BUT all the above laws are universal
Coalition of Dawn
The Rangers of the North are one of the three kingdoms which make up the Coalition of Dawn (COD). They are represented in this coalition by three members:
Crown Prince: SentinalGuard23
Lord: None at the moment (temporary)
Interfactional Alliances Arnor is a member of:
The White Council
Coalition of Dawn
Friendly Factions (the feeling may not be mutual) :
The High Elves
Wood Elves of Mirkwood
Galadhrim of Lothlóriën
Dwarven Lords' Council
Kingdom of Gondor
Kingdom of Rohan
Thaneship of The Shire
Neutral Factions (the feeling may not be mutual) :
United Tribes of The Tauredain
The Great Khaganate (Rhúdel)
Elves of Dorwinion
Hostile Factions (the feeling may not be mutual) :
The Mordoran Dominion
If you are a Ranger in different territory you must:
- Follow server rules,
- Follow treaties which involve:
- Coalition of Dawn Treaties
- NO KILLING BETWEEN COD (Gondor, Rohan, Arnor) MEMBERS
- The White Council Treaties
- AVOID KILLING WHITE COUNCIL MEMBERS (Woodland Elves, High Elves, Gondor, Durin's Folk, Blue Dwarves, Arnor, Rohan, Lothlorien)
- Ranger Treaties
- NO KILLING BETWEEN RANGER & DALE MEMBERS
- NO KILLING BETWEEN RANGER & HOBBIT MEMBERS
- Coalition of Dawn Treaties
Durin's Folk •
Dol Guldur •
Harad and the South:
Fire elves •
Kingdom of the Golden Wash •
Kingdom of the Isles •