The Kingdom of Arnor
This page concerns the Rangers of the North faction, often simply referred to as Arnor.
Currently, the Rangers are ruled by their King Elendil_The_Tall. Elendil_The_Tall succeeded Nazdrul, who succeeded Elendil_The_Tall, who succeeded Skelesam, who succeeded the original Chieftain Hell_Metallicus. The capital of the Rangers of the North is currently Tharbad, although this is temporary. The official title of the King of Arnor is: The High King of the Northern Dúnedain Kingdom of Arnor, Chieftain of the Dúnedain, Commander of the Rangers of Arnor.
Players from this faction are expected to protect the Hobbits of The Shire, a region which is listed as an autonomus protectorate of kingdom, as well as to abide by faction, server and coalition law, all of which will be discussed in further detail below.
While RP is generally not preformed, members are more than welcome to engage in RP to enhance their gameplay experience.
In its glory, The Kingdom of Arnor included all the following biomes : Eriador and the Eriador Downs, Minhiriath, the Shire, the Old Forest, Breeland, Chetwood, the Ettenmoors, the Coldfells, and the Midgewaters. It was one of the largest geographic areas ruled by a single faction. Currently, the Rangers of the North control all of Eriador and the Eriador downs as well as Minhiriath, Breeland, Evendim, northern parts of Enedwaith and the surrounding areas.
Click here to see the Ranger Builds.
Second in command of Arnor is SentinalGuard23, the Crown Prince of Arnor and Lord of the (disputed) Western Lone-Lands province.
After Sentinal comes Combobob and RomanGuy1453, the two High-Lords of Arnor. Combobob currently holds the title of Chancellor and Lord of The Angle, while Roman is the current General of Arnor and Lord of Annúdor.
The Kingdom of Arnor is structed in a hierarchial system, with multiple ranks and titles, some of which can be attained by ones own means while the majority of these ranks and titles are awarded by either the King or by vote of the Moot/Senate.
Ranks and Titles
The following list is of all current ranks and titles in use by members of the Kingdom of Arnor;
- Crown Prince
The title 'Master Recruiter' is, while not listed currently held by JJofJ.
The title 'Keeper of Relics' is generally held by the Crown Prince.
Brickfix possesses the honor of the First Captain in recognition of the part he continues to play in the faction.
Skelesam was Second Chief and as one of the longest serving Rangers and his council is valued highly, by all Rangers, most of all the King.
Hell_Metallicus is the former Chieftain and the Lord Of Fornost, the former capital of Arnor.
Hhisme, formerly Lord of Lond Daer is one of the most respected Rangers, and has long held great say in the matters of the faction.
All of the above are senior players and have been with the Rangers for years, and provide great council to faction members, the King, and the Allies of Arnor.
The Regions and their respective Lords
The land of the rangers are spilt into 2 Diocese', 10 provinces and 1 protectorate (The Shire). These provinces have their own Provincial Capital. These provinces are ruled by a Provincial Lord. The Provincial Lord executes the Laws of Arnor.
These are the provinces of the Rangers along with The Shire.
- Evendim. Lord: Elendil_The_Tall. Regional Capital: Annúminas
- North Downs. Lord: Helcar. Regional Capital: Fornost
- Westlands. Lord: RomanGuy1453. Regional Capital: Minas Thor
- Breeland. Lord: Mazerinth. Regional Capital: Bree
- Minhiriath. Lord: LegoOskar. Regional Capital: Tharbad
- Western Lone-Lands. Lord: SentinalGuard23. Regional Capital: None
- The Angle. Lord: Combobob. Regional Capital: Fennas Drunin
- Northern Enedwaith. Crown Territory. Regional Capital: Lond Daer
- The Shire. Protectorate of Arnor
- South Downs. Lord: JJofJ. Regional Capital: Minnas Alqua
- Eryn Vorn. Lord: Erathil. Regional Capital: Ellengard
The Diocese System
The Diocese' are largest administrative unit of Arnor and are made up of groups of provinces. Currently, there are two Diocese' in place. This administrative unit is headed by a High-Lord; one of the Lords belonging to a province in their respective Diocese. These High-Lords provincial capitals also act as the capital for their Diocese.
High-Lords act as stewards for the provinces under their Diocese should the lord of a province in their region become inactive or banned. High-Lords must abide by each provinces laws should they became an active steward of a province in their Diocese.
The current structure of the Diocese system is as follows:
- The Diocese of Arthedain
- High-Lord: RomanGuy1453
- Capital Province: Annúndor
- Capital City: Minas Thor
- Listed Provinces
- Eryn Vorn
- Northern Enedwaith
- The Diocese of Rhudaur
- High-Lord: Combobob
- Capital Province: The Angle
- Capital City: Fennas Drúnin
- Listed Provinces
- North Downs
- Western Lone-Lands
- The Angle
- South Downs
This is a list of all members of the faction. It includes the day they became an official member (where possible) and titles for those who have one or more. Not all of these players are concidered active. The players are sorted in alphabetical order:
- Balodil_Goldhand (3/2018)
- Barking3086 (3/2018)
- Beaver_Gamer (6/2018)
- chanchansodacan (10/2017)
- chloeejbeau (3/2017)
- Combobob (6/2015) (High-Lord, Chancellor, Lord of The Angle,Ambassador of Buckland)
- craftypig8 (9/2017)
- EEofE (6/2015)
- Elendil_The_Tall (6/2015) (King, Lord of Evendim)
- Emil_2013 (6/2016)
- Erathil (Lord of Eryn Vorn)
- Gandolf_Greyhame (Retired)
- General_Gandalf (Retired)
- Helcar (Lord of the North Downs)
- Hhisme (Lord)
- J0XU (1/2018)
- JimmyPage13 (Retired)
- JJofJ (6/2015) (Lord of the South Downs, Master Recruiter)
- LegoOskar (12/2015) (Lord of Minhiriath)
- Mazerinth (Lord of Bree)
- Nallekarkki02 (1/2016)
- Nazdrul (4th Chief, retired)
- paul673 (8/2016) (Lord)
- paulsmallsmith (2/2017)
- RomanGuy1453 (5/2016 ) (High-Lord, General, Lord of Annúdor)
- SentinalGuard23 (Crown Prince, Lord of Western Lone-Lands)
- Skelesam (2nd Chief, retired)
- Tarixxiv (Retired)
- TheBaryonyx (4/2018)
- TheWhizzyCat (9/2017)
- ViktorTheCow (6/2017)
- Yareel (6/2015)
Becoming a Ranger of the North
Once a player has been accepted as a Recruit, they must acquire +200 alignment with the Dúnedain Rangers as well as complete four 'Recruitment Quests' which are assigned by the Lords of the faction. In the event that a Recruit cannot find more than two Lords, each Lord is authorized to give a Recruit up to two quests. These quests can range from resource and item gathering to simply unlocking waypoints in a certain biome.
Once a Recruit has finished all of the above requirements, they will promoted to full Ranger. Once a Ranger, you are eligable to be considered by the King and the Moot/Senate for higher position, such as a Lordship, however these positions are generally only awarded to the most well known Rangers, either by the server community or the faction itself.
Oath of the Rangers of the North
- As a Ranger of the North, I shall protect the Free People and defend the Fallen Kingdom of Arnor with my life.
- I will never harm an innocent, and I will consider their life as the most important thing of all.
- I will act with honor and stay loyal to my brothers, even in the worst situations.
- I will fight with courage during wartime, and act with wisdom during peacetime.
- I will know how to use every weapon to fight the Evil efficiently.
- As a Dúnedain, I am friend to the men of Gondor , the last great kingdom of men.
- As a man, I am friend to the men of Rohan and Dunland .
- I am friend to the Elven kin, who helped us during hard times, and call the elves Mellon (friend).
- I am friend to the Dwarven kin, who fought the orcs bravely for centuries.
- I am friend to the Hobbits , who served Arnor for centuries.
NOTE: it is not necessary to recite or even memorize this oath, and it is here simply for RP purposes.
The following list of faction laws are to be followed by ALL members of the faction
- Show respect to all players, friend or foe.
- Internal disputes are to be resolved by a Lord. If this cannot be accomplished, the matter will be brought before a higher authority (Chancellor, High-Lord, Prince or King).
- No stealing from anyone, especially other Rangers.
- Do not disclose sensitive or important faction information of any kind unnecessarily.
- Players of all ranks have the right be heard during an assembly of the Moot/Senate.
- Any decision voiced by the King, or by a representitive of the King (i.e. 'In the name of the King of Arnor etc...) are considered final however, players have the right to ask that such decisions be reconsidered and/or held to a vote.
- Do not actively harm the reputation of the faction.
- If you are killed, do not immediately threaten war on that persons faction.
- Avoid unecessary arguments or excessive swearing.
- Do not attempt to blackmail or threaten anyone, faction member or not.
- Any Ranger(s) who wish to move to a different city within the faction, must acquire permission from the Lord of the city in question.
- You cannot sell, gift or list a non-faction member as the inheriter of a Provincial Capital or Lore Build.
The laws below concern Lords only.
- Any problems which a Lord cannot handle themselves are to be brought before a higher authority (Chancellor, High-Lord, Prince or King)
- Any large expansion to a Provincial Capital (Citadel, Fort etc) must be made known to either the Moot/Senate, the King or both.
- Lords have the obligation to maintain good relations with friendly factions which their provinces border.
- Treat all faction members and allied players residing/who have a residence in your province with respect.
Laws which may only be altered or removed by the Moot/Senate; the King and any future King cannot do so.
- Combobobs' position of Chancellor cannot be altered or removed by anyone as he holds this title until he chooses to step down from it.
- Combobob is the Kings Proxy, and acts as King while the King is offline. As such, all members of the faction are to obey his instructions (In honour of everything he has done for the faction since its founding).
- If any faction member(s) is found to have commited treason against the faction, or to have acted in a way in which they knowingly facilitated the bringing or harm to an ally/allies, the player(s) in question will be banished and placed on the KOS (Kill on Sight) list for their crime(s).
- If the King steps down, the current Crown Prince will immediately take up the King position, and a vote will be held to determine who the new Crown Prince will be. Note that players who've only held the rank of Ranger for three months or less are not eligable to be voted in as Crown Prince.
- If there is no Crown Prince should the King step down, the Moot/Senate will vote in members for both positions. If this situation occurs, Combobob will be placed in charge of the faction until the vote is held.
- If the King is found to be acting against the best interests of the faction, or to have commited treason, the Moot/Senate will immediately strip him of his rank and any faction members who oppose this process shall be considered rebels, and dealt with as such.
- Any player who would claim to be King, Prince or Chancellor who is not currently the holder of that title is to be questioned. Should these false claims persist, the player(s) in question will be added to the KOS list.
Note: Lords may enact laws which apply to their own provinces and builds at will, however the above listed laws overrule any provincial laws.
Coalition of Dawn
The Kingdom of Arnor is one of the three kingdoms which make up the Coalition of Dawn (COD). Faction representitives are:
- King: Elendil_The_Tall
- Prince: SentinalGuard23
- Lord: RomanGuy1453
Rules concerning the Coalition
As a Coalition member, it is the duty of all Rangers to ensure that they do not engage in combat with other coalition memebers (Gondor and Rohan) outside of friendly PvP (Arena battles, agreed upon bounty-killing etc).
Rules concerning the White Council
As members of the White Council, it is the duty of all Rangers to ensure that they do not engage in combat with other Council states (Woodland Elves, High Elves, Gondor, Durin's Folk, Blue Dwarves, Arnor, Rohan, Lothlorien) outside of friendly PvP (Arena battles, agreed upon bounty-killing etc).
Interfactional Alliances Arnor is a member of:
- The White Council
- The Coalition of Dawn
Friendly Factions (the feeling may not be mutual) :
- The High Elves
- The Woodland Realm
- Dwarven Lords Council
- Kingdom of Gondor
- Kingdom of Rohan
- Kingdom of Dale
- Forochel Dwarves
- Thaneship of The Shire
- Forodren Gwaith
Neutral Factions (the feeling may not be mutal):
- United Tribes of the Tauredain
- Republic of Lebennin
Hostile Factions (the feeling may not be mutual) :
- The Mordor Dominion
- Astrasi Empire
If you are a Ranger in different territory you must:
- Follow server rules,
- Follow treaties which involve:
- Coalition of Dawn Treaties
- The White Council Treaties
- Ranger Treaties
- No killing between Arnor and Dale members
- No killing between Arnor and Hobbit members
- If there is a siege occuring and Arnor is not a faction involved in that war, members may only join if they have permission from the King, Prince, High-Lord(s) or Chancellor
- If the defending or attacking faction requests help from the government of Arnor, and the Moot/Senate votes to lend aid, you're encouraged to fight.
- Do not engage in random skirmishes or sieges without the consent of a Lord or higher authority.
NOTE: For clarification, 'siege' does not mean the randomly held events wherein you are teleported to a PvP map made by the staff, everyone is free to participate in those at will.
Durin's Folk •
Dol Guldur •
Harad and the South:
Fire elves •
Kingdom of the Golden Wash •
Kingdom of the Isles •